Why VoIP call quality is a challenge ?
ViBE technology benefits
Voice is now treated with very specific requirements not only in terms of priority, but also in terms of spacing between packets.
- Data transfer rates are not compromised by the fact that voice is present.
- More calls on the same link.
- Classes of data can be given their own share of available bandwidth in a much more granular way than traditional QoS.
- A broadband transmission mode is available which increases the efficiency of a broadband link for data transfer as well.
- Reduces bandwidth consumption from 50 to 70%
- Up to 28 simultaneous calls on a 256k link (1M Telkom ADSL) with no loss of call quality.
- Because it reduces latency and jitter you are able to save by only using an ADSL line instead of a Diginet or point-to-point link..
- Reduces jitter to sub 2ms average in the presence of any amount of data.
- Backup links can be implemented which can be activated without losing calls in progress.
How does ViBE make my network easier to manage?
ViBE provides real-time monitoring of the underlying link quality and its effect on voice. Packet loss, latency and jitter are also monitored. ViBE’s monitoring is not affected by link loading and any faults with the link can be easily identified. ViBE supports SNMP giving administrators detailed information including calls in progress andgeneral system health.
What do I need to deploy ViBE technology for my business ?
To be deployed ViBE Technology requires a minimum of one ViBE Point to Point Server device and either a ViBE router or ViBE enabled ADSL modem at the remote site.
Businesses can connect to ViBE–enabled service providers like Itech Administrators, who would have a ViBE head-end installed within their infrastructure. Additionally, for businesses wishing to use ViBE across a multi-site WAN, this can be delivered either via a ViBE-enabled service provider or by deploying a ViBE head-end within the corporate infrastructure.
ViBE is perfect for any size of business or organization that uses VoIP based telephony. ViBE is also a good fit for any business looking to make the move to a VoIP based system.